Description of the tour:
This tour is suitable for those who want to see "living Crete" in all its glory. The region of Heraklion is not distinguished by dense vegetation, so western Crete will amaze you with dense forests, the freshest air, and the purest mountain water!
The descent along the Samaria Gorge lasts approximately 3.5–5 hours. During this time, you will slowly cover about 16 kilometers, but do not worry that this requires special training. This is a walking tour; a professional guide will be happy to tell you about these places, and you will not notice how you go down to the sea to the village of Agia Roumeli, where you can relax, have a snack, and swim in the cleanest sea water.Be sure to bring a camera with plenty of memory, as you will want to take a lot of pictures!
From Agia Roumeli, you will sail on a boat to the village of Sfakia, where you can have a delicious dinner in a local tavern and once again swim on a beautiful beach! During this short boat trip, you will have amazing views!
After relaxing in the village of Sfakia, the bus will take you to the hotel!
We suggest you to go on a tour to the Samaria Gorge from the regions of Heraklion Chania , Rethimno and Lassiti.
The cost of the tour from the region of Heraklion:
The cost of the excursion from Analipsi, Anissaras, Gouves, Gournes, Karteros, Kokkini Hani, Malia, Sissi, Stalis, Hersonissos is:
- Adults (from 13 years old) - 42 euros;
- Children (from 5 to 12 years old) - 21 euros;
- Toddlers (ages 0 to 4 years old) are admitted free of charge in the arms of their parents, but it is not recommended that such babies accompany you into the gorge.
ATTENTION: From the area of Bali and Agia Pelagia, the bus picks up guests ONLY on the national road.
What is included in the price of the tour:
- Transfer from the hotel to the entrance to the gorge and back;
- Comfortable bus
- Guide accompansion
- Entrance fees to the gorge 5 Euro, children up to 18 years of age can enter the gorge free of charge
- Entrance fees to the ship 12 euro-adult / 7 euro child
- Lunch in a tavern (15-20 euros per person)
How to prepare:
- Comfortable sports shoes — there are sections with ascents and descents along the route
- Trekking poles (it's desirable). You can buy them at the store in front of the entrance to the Gorge
- Sun hat, swimwear, towels
There are no reviews yet.